We arrange a sailing, boating and social activity programme for the year with plenty of space in between for all members to enjoy the club and the river in their own way with their own particular type of boat. Water-born flotilla jaunts to local, children friendly, riverside pubs for lunches are also popular. The Regatta is a highlight, with sailing, rowing and canoeing races and a club barbecue for the evening prize giving. The Chertsey picnic where, subject to the weather and state of the river, we travel upstream to Chertsey Meads for picnic lunch and games is a well attended event.
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, generally at the WSC club house.
Further events are arranged during the year, as and when weather permits.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Note that events may be cancelled at short notice due to Covid restrictions
- Sun 25th – St Georges Day Jaunt CANCELLED
- Sun 2nd – Spring Bank Holiday races
- Sat 15th – Hamble River Raid – CANCELLED
- Sun 23rd – RYA Discover Sailing day. Open to the general public to try sailing and rowing. From 1.00 p.m.
- Sat 29th – Mon 31st – Bank Holiday excursion.
- Sun 6th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 12th – Shepperton Fair Raft Race CANCELLED
- 26th -27th – WSC REGATTA WEEKEND
- Sat 26th – Sailing & rowing events 12.30 p.m. onwards – Evening barbeque and music
- Sun 27th – More events on the river 1.30 p.m. onwards – Followed by afternoon tea and prize giving
- NOTE REVISED DATES FOR REGATTA
- Sat 3rd – Mid season working party 1.00 p.m.
- Sun 4th – Chertsey Picnic 12.00 p.m. depart from WSC – Sail, row, motor upstream through Shepperton lock to picnic at Chertsey Bridge Meads. Note : River licence essential
- Sun 11th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 18th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 25th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
Subject to the weather, sailing racing will be followed by a Bring your own barbeque
- Sun 8th – Sailing – Handicap Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 22nd – Excursion to the south coast – Day out to sail on salty waters
- Great River Race. CANCELLED due to closure of Hammersmith Bridge.
- Sun 19th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 26th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 3rd – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 10th – Club Sunday Lunch Depart at 11.00 a.m. from WSC on a jaunt on the Thames for 12.30 lunch. Tow back available!
- Sat 6th – Laying up from 11.00 a.m. General tidy up of the club grounds and sorting out of boats ready for the winter.
- Sun 7th -Laying up continues from 12.30 p.m. with barbeque from 5.30 p.m. Bring your own food & drink. Fireworks from 6.30 p.m.
- Sun 30th – The Club AGM 2.30 p.m. Preceded by Lunch at 12.30 p.m. Venue to be confirmed