We arrange a sailing, boating and social activity programme for the year with plenty of space in between for all members to enjoy the club and the river in their own way with their own particular type of boat. Water-born flotilla jaunts to local, children friendly, riverside pubs for lunches are also popular. The Regatta is a highlight, with sailing, rowing and canoeing races and a club barbecue for the evening prize giving. The Chertsey picnic where, subject to the weather and state of the river, we travel upstream to Chertsey Meads for picnic lunch and games is a well attended event.
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, generally at the WSC club house.
Further events are arranged during the year, as and when weather permits.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sun 24th – St Georges Day Jaunt
- Sun 1st – Spring Bank Holiday races
- Sat 14th – Hamble River Raid
- Sun 22nd – RYA Discover Sailing day. Open to the general public to try sailing and rowing. From 1.00 p.m.
- Sat 28th – Sun 29th – Weekend excursion.
- Sun 5th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 11th – Shepperton Fair Raft Race
- 18th -19th – WSC REGATTA WEEKEND
- Sat 18th – Sailing & rowing events 12.30 p.m. onwards – Evening barbeque and music
- Sun 19th – More events on the river 1.30 p.m. onwards – Followed by afternoon tea and prize giving
- Sun 26th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 2nd – Mid season working party 1.00 p.m.
- Sun 3rd – Chertsey Picnic 12.00 p.m. depart from WSC – Sail, row, motor upstream through Shepperton lock to picnic at Chertsey Bridge Meads. Note : River licence essential
- Sun 10th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 17th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 24th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
Subject to the weather, sailing racing will be followed by a Bring your own barbeque
- Sun 7th – Sailing – Handicap Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 21st – Excursion to the south coast – Day out to sail on salty waters
- Sat 10th – Great River Race.
- Sun 18th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 25th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 2nd – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 9th – Club Sunday Lunch Depart at 11.00 a.m. from WSC on a jaunt on the Thames for 12.30 lunch. Tow back available!
- Sat 5th – Laying up from 11.00 a.m. General tidy up of the club grounds and sorting out of boats ready for the winter.
- Sun 6th -Laying up continues from 12.30 p.m. with barbeque from 5.30 p.m. Bring your own food & drink. Fireworks from 6.30 p.m.
- Sun 29th – The Club AGM 2.30 p.m. Preceded by Lunch at 12.30 p.m. Venue to be confirmed