We arrange a sailing, boating and social activity programme for the year with plenty of space in between for all members to enjoy the club and the river in their own way with their own particular type of boat. Water-born flotilla jaunts to local, children friendly, riverside pubs for lunches are also popular. The Regatta is a highlight, with sailing, rowing and canoeing races and a club barbecue for the evening prize giving. The Chertsey picnic where, subject to the weather and state of the river, we travel upstream to Chertsey Meads for picnic lunch and games is a well attended event.
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, generally at the WSC club house.
Further events are arranged during the year, as and when weather permits.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sun 23rd – St Georges Day Jaunt
- Mon 8th – Coronation celebration events
- Sat 20th – Hamble River Raid
- Sun 28th – Mon 29th – Weekend excursion to south coast.
- Sun 4th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 10th – Shepperton Fair Raft Race
- 17th -18th – WSC REGATTA WEEKEND
- Sat 17th – Sailing & rowing events 1.30 p.m. onwards – Evening barbeque and music
- Sun 18th – More events on the river 1.30 p.m. onwards – Followed by afternoon tea and prize giving
- Sun 25th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 1st – Mid season working party 1.00 p.m.
- Sun 2nd – Chertsey Picnic 11.00 p.m. depart from WSC – Sail, row, motor upstream through Shepperton lock to picnic at Chertsey Bridge Meads. Note : River licence essential
- Sun 9th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 16th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 23rd – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
Subject to the weather, sailing racing will be followed by a Bring your own barbeque
- Sun 6th – Sailing – Handicap Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 27th – Excursion to the south coast – Day out to sail on salty waters
- Sat 16th – Great River Race.
- Sun 17th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 24th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 1st – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 8th – Club Sunday Lunch Depart at 11.00 a.m. from WSC on a jaunt on the Thames for 12.30 lunch. Tow back available!
- Sat 4th – Laying up from 11.00 a.m. General tidy up of the club grounds and sorting out of boats ready for the winter.
- Sun 5th -Laying up continues from 12.30 p.m. with barbeque from 5.30 p.m. Bring your own food & drink.
- Sun 18th – The Club AGM. Followed by lunch. Details & venue to be confirmed