We arrange a sailing, boating and social activity programme for the year with plenty of space in between for all members to enjoy the club and the river in their own way with their own particular type of boat. Water-born flotilla jaunts to local, children friendly, riverside pubs for lunches are also popular. The Regatta is a highlight, with sailing, rowing and canoeing races and a club barbecue for the evening prize giving. The Chertsey picnic where, subject to the weather and state of the river, we travel upstream to Chertsey Meads for picnic lunch and games is a well attended event.
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, generally at The Old Crown pub except for June and July meetings which are held in the club house.
Further events are arranged during the year, as and when weather permits.
For further information please contact email@example.com
2019 events – Provisional calendar
- Sun 21st – St Georges Day Jaunt
- Sun 28th – Sail training – from 1.00 p.m. Register your interest with the Secretary
- Sun 5th – Spring Bank Holiday races
- Sun 12th – Sailing – Summer Races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 19th – RYA Push the boat out. Open to the general public to try sailing and rowing. From 1.00 p.m. Date to be confirmed
- Sat 25th – Mon 27th – Bank Holiday excursion to Norfolk.
- Sat 8th – Shepperton Fair Raft Race Club members intend entering a raft.
- Sun 9th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Wed 12th – Club meeting at the WSC CLUBHOUSE 8.30 p.m.
- 22nd -23rd – WSC REGATTA WEEKEND
- Sat 22nd – Sailing & rowing events 12.30 p.m. onwards – Evening barbeque and music
- Sun 23rd – More events on the river 1.30 p.m. onwards – Followed by afternoon tea and prize giving
- Sat 6th – Mid season working party 1.00 p.m.
- Sun 7th – Chertsey Picnic 12.00 p.m. depart from WSC – Sail, row, motor upstream through Shepperton lock to picnic at Chertsey Bridge Meads. Note : River licence essential
- Sun 14th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 21st – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 28th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
Subject to the weather sailing racing will be followed by a Bring your own barbeque
- Sun 4th – Sailing – Handicap Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 18th – Summer Jaunt 11.00 a.m. from WSC – Jaunt down (or possibly up) river for lunch at a riverside pub.
- Sun 25th – Excursion to the south coast – Day out to sail on salty waters
- Sat 14th – Great River Race. Traditional row boats event upstream from London Docklands to Ham. WSC members are taking part. Think you could row for 3 hours? Join in with the training and take part.
- Sun 29th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 6th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 13th – Club Sunday Lunch Depart at 11.00 a.m. from WSC on a Downstream jaunt for 12.30 lunch. Tow back available!
- Sat 2nd – Laying up from 11.00 a.m. General tidy up of the club grounds and sorting out of boats ready for the winter.
- Sun 3rd -Laying up continues from 12.30 p.m. with barbeque from 5.30 p.m. Bring your own food & drink. Fireworks from 6.30 p.m.
- Sun 2nd – The Club AGM 2.30 p.m. Warren Lodge, Shepperton. Preceded by Lunch at 12.30 p.m.