We arrange a sailing, boating and social activity programme for the year with plenty of space in between for all members to enjoy the club and the river in their own way with their own particular type of boat. Water-born flotilla jaunts to local, children friendly, riverside pubs for lunches are also popular. The Regatta is a highlight, with sailing, rowing and canoeing races and a club barbecue for the evening prize giving. The Chertsey picnic where, subject to the weather and state of the river, we travel upstream to Chertsey Meads for picnic lunch and games is a well attended event.
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, generally at the WSC club house.
Further events are arranged during the year, as and when weather permits.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN, ALL EVENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Sun 26th – St Georges Day Jaunt
- Sat 9th – Hamble River Raid – several entries from WSC
- Sun 10th – Spring Bank Holiday races
- Sun 17th – RYA Discover Sailing day. Open to the general public to try sailing and rowing. From 1.00 p.m.
- Sat 23rd – Mon 25th – Bank Holiday excursion.
- Sun 31st – Sailing – Summer Races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 7th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 13th – Shepperton Fair Raft Race Club members intend entering a raft.
- 20th -21st – WSC REGATTA WEEKEND
- Sat 20th – Sailing & rowing events 12.30 p.m. onwards – Evening barbeque and music
- Sun 21st – More events on the river 1.30 p.m. onwards – Followed by afternoon tea and prize giving
- Sun 28th – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 4th – Mid season working party 1.00 p.m.
- Sun 5th – Chertsey Picnic 12.00 p.m. depart from WSC – Sail, row, motor upstream through Shepperton lock to picnic at Chertsey Bridge Meads. Note : River licence essential
- Sun 12th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 19th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 26th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
Subject to the weather sailing racing will be followed by a Bring your own barbeque
- Sun 9th – Sailing – Handicap Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 16th – Excursion to the south coast – Day out to sail on salty waters
- Sat 5th – Great River Race. Traditional row boats event upstream from London Docklands to Ham. WSC members are taking part. Think you could row for 3 hours? Join in with the training and take part.
- Sun 20th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 27th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 4th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 11th – Club Sunday Lunch Depart at 11.00 a.m. from WSC on a jaunt on the Thames for 12.30 lunch. Tow back available!
- Sat 7th – Laying up from 11.00 a.m. General tidy up of the club grounds and sorting out of boats ready for the winter.
- Sun 8th -Laying up continues from 12.30 p.m. with barbeque from 5.30 p.m. Bring your own food & drink. Fireworks from 6.30 p.m.
- Sun 31st – The Club AGM 2.30 p.m. Preceded by Lunch at 12.30 p.m. Venue to e confirmed