We arrange a sailing, boating and social activity programme for the year with plenty of space in between for all members to enjoy the club and the river in their own way with their own particular type of boat. Water-born flotilla jaunts to local, children friendly, riverside pubs for lunches are also popular. The Regatta is a highlight, with sailing, rowing and canoeing races and a club barbecue for the evening prize giving. The Chertsey picnic where, subject to the weather and state of the river, we travel upstream to Chertsey Meads for picnic lunch and games is a well attended event.
Club meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, generally at The Old Crown pub except for June and July meetings which are held in the club house.
Further events are arranged during the year, as and when weather permits.
For further information please contact email@example.com
- Sun 6th – Spring Bank Holiday races
- Sun 13th – Sailing – Summer Races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 20th – RYA Push the boat out. Open to the general public to try sailing and rowing. From 1.00 p.m.
- Sat 26th – Mon 28th – Bank Holiday excursion to Norfolk.
- Sun 3rd – Sailing – Summer races – 2.00 p.m.
- Sat 9th – Shepperton Fair Raft Race Club members intend entering a raft.
- Wed 14th – Club meeting at the WSC CLUBHOUSE 8.30 p.m.
- 23rd-24th – WSC REGATTA WEEKEND
- Sat 23rd – Sailing & rowing events 12.30 p.m. onwards – Evening barbeque and music
- Sun 24th – More events on the river 1.30 p.m. onwards – Followed by afternoon tea and prize giving
- Sat 7th – Mid season working party 1.00 p.m.
- Sun 8th – Chertsey Picnic 12.00 p.m. depart from WSC – Sail, row, motor upstream through Shepperton lock to picnic at Chertsey Bridge Meads. Note : River licence essential
- Sun 15th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 22nd – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 29th – Sailing – Summer Races 2.00 p.m.
Subject to the weather sailing racing will be followed by a Bring your own barbeque
- Sun 5th – Sailing – Handicap Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 12th – Summer Jaunt 11.00 a.m. from WSC – Jaunt down (or possibly up) river for lunch at a riverside pub.
- Sat 8th – Great River Race. Traditional row boats event upstream from London Docklands to Ham. WSC members are taking part. Think you could row for 3 hours? Join in with the training and take part.
- Sun 16th – Excursion to the south coast – Day out to sail on salty waters
- Sun 23rd – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 30th – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 1st – Sailing – Autumn Races 2.00 p.m.
- Sun 14th – Club Sunday Lunch Depart at 11.00 a.m. from WSC on a Downstream jaunt for 12.30 lunch. Tow back available!
- Sat 3rd – Laying up from 11.00 a.m. General tidy up of the club grounds and sorting out of boats ready for the winter.
- Sun 4th -Laying up continues from 12.30 p.m. with barbeque from 5.30 p.m. Bring your own food & drink. Fireworks from 6.30 p.m.
- Sun 3rd – The Club AGM 2.30 p.m. Warren Lodge, Shepperton. Preceded by Lunch at 12.30 p.m.